Today I kegged Berber's imperial red ale, which is probably going to get tossed but we'll see what it tastes like when its cold and carbonated. Then I brewed the 60 Aminutillo with Ray and Morello. That girl sure can work a grain mill. 19 pounds of malt on a crappy corona mill and didn't break a sweat. Deenie's Homebrewing Blog is proud to present its first demonstrational video.
Basically we used the same hopping schedule I put before, but we used 4 pounds of 60L crystal and 15 pounds of organic 2 row pale malt. Hopefully the yeast I took off a fermenter at Appalachian 8 days ago is healthy enough after being sitting in a tupperware container in the fridge for a week. Now all I have to do is take a gravity reading, let it ferment out, and then I have 2 more ounces of Amarillo pellets to dry-hop with after I keg it. After 2 weeks in the keg with a bag of Amarillo pellets, I am going to bottle a case off. Amarillo is a very citrusy hop with grapefruity notes, so I am going to then put the zest of 1-2 grapefruits into the keg as well, and bottle the rest after it sits on that for a week. Then I can do some side-by-side tastings of the two versions.
Hopefully tomorrow I will bottle off the imperial red ale if it is any good, otherwise I will dump it. And if my keg of chocolate stout is any good, I will bottle some of that off. Then once I have an open keg I can bottle my 3 metheglins, the bing cherry melomel and a gallon of the blackberry melomel. Also, I have a growler of Scratch 19 that I want to try to bottle.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment