Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I'm lazy
Finally got around to pitching the yeast at like 4:30 am earlier today, despite promising to do so 5 days agoish. I realized that all of the stoppers I bought dont fit the 4-liter fermenters, so i had to try to whittle a couple down before I got one to fit without ruining it. I ended up making the starter 1.104 og instead of 1.040 in hopes that I wont have to make the second starter more than 2 gallons for the 9 gallons I have to ferment. I just think it would be dumb to be pitching like 1/3 gallon starter for each 1 gallon batch, and then like another gallon starter just for 4 gallons. I just checked on it, and still no bubbling in the air lock. I'll upload a picture of the must once it starts fermenting properly. Oh yeah. You know how unfermented beer is called "wort"? Unfermented honey-water and unfermented wine is called "must". And for cider I guess they just call it juice. FUN FACT! Also, goody got back from his trip before I killed any more of his animals. Although I hadn't seen the cat in a week so I was pretty worried. Turns out the thing is just a good judge of character and has been avoiding me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's the final fish death toll?
ReplyDeleteToo soon dude, too soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try and make my own yogurt soon, which is not the same, but we can grow microorganisms across the world together.
ReplyDelete