Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Viking Mead
After reviewing what qualifies as viking fruit as well as my bank account, I believe we will go for blackberry. I am tempted to go for arctic cloudberries, but I am pretty much broke, so maybe next time. Although I can get arctic cloudberries, so I am happy I can get it if I want to. The only beverage I am aware of that uses cloudberries is Dogfish Head's limited brewpub release of Cloudberry Imperial Wheat, which is no longer produced and I didnt get to try. Anyway, I am going to start looking for some blackberries to puree and freeze. I will probably freeze a tupperware container of the puree divided into squares. Since the mead is at Goody's, I will probably have him add squares to the mead a few at a time so we can sample how much blackberry taste we have and how much we want. More on that later. In the meantime, get hyped for a keg of blackberry sparkling mead, hopefully by the beginning of rugby season. Now for a name...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment