Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fruit the vote!

So in a month or so I will be adding fruit to the sparkling mead, and I will keg it by the end of the summer. Vote now in the comment sections for any fruit or spice combo you think would go well with a sparkling mead. If you have never had mead, the best I can describe it is basically taste like carbonated watered down honey with a white wine-alcohol taste. I am making a gallon of 15% mango melomel at the same time, so I probably won't go with mango for the sparkling melomel too. As of now I am leaning towards cherry, strawberry, blueberry or peach. Leave a comment if you want to vote. There should be enough for everyone to try some if you give me a heads up to save you some. So leave a comment and let me know if you have any ideas!

7 comments:

  1. bluuuuuuueberyy!
    or strawberry.
    i think that things flavored with peaches smell like cat pee sometimes. like the way dried peaches smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rasperry and/or kiwi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put them all in together! It always made koolaid taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just hope that if i make it snozzberry, that it tastes like snozzberry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it has to be authentic viking fruit...blackberry.

    ReplyDelete